Monday, October 15, 2012

Tortilini Dip



I went to a party a few weeks ago where Tortilini dip was served.  It was really delicious and it went VERY fast.  I had never heard of it but I loved it!  So, I came home and with a few tips from the hostess about the ingredients, an I put together my own.  YUM.

Ingredients:
Frozen regular sized cheese tortilini (plain or tri-color) - I cooked 3-12oz bags
16oz jar of creamy salad dressing - I used a bacon ranch, but any ranch is fine
1 cup of finely grated parmasan cheese - other hard grated cheeses could be used
2-4 finely minced garlic cloves - I used 4
1/2 cup chopped fresh italian parsely - cilantro could probably be substituted
1-2t chili oil (mine from Trader Joes optional, I love a little spicy kick but this isn't necessary)


Directions:
Make dip a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend and the garlic to soften

Add grated cheese to dressing and stir until completely blended
Add the minced garlic and optional chili oil
Fold in the parsely
Put in fridge for a few hours before serving
Cook torts according to package directions and drain
Add a bit of butter or oil  to torts to keep them from sticking
Cool them in the fridge until they are room temperature

Serve torts with the dip in a separate container
Provide toothpicks for dipping

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...